Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May is here and today, sunshine!

Life seems to be so much better when the sun is shining and here in the Pacific Northwest there has been a real lack of the rays from the sun coming our way.  Lots of rain and drizzle and cool weather which means I struggle to stay on task and focus on the things I want to do.  My garden is in desperate need of TLC but who wants to weed when it is wet and cool?

So, sewing continues!

First project that is finished is my mug rugs celebrating Canada's 150th birthday.  Fun project that I picked up at the sewing show in March from a cute little booth called Quincy's.  They are from Alberta and I loved the projects that they had kitted up for sale.




Then I finished off a half square triangle preemie quilt that was made from the leftovers with more made and added from the zig zag quilt in my last post which was a Connecting Threads kit.




When I finished making the slab quilts for the Great Canadian quilt bee, I decided to make some quilt of valour blocks using the same technique. A piece of Canadiana in the block and scrappy strips added to create 15.5" blocks.  A quilt made from these will go together quickly and who doesn't love using up fabrics from their scraps?

My Sew Sisters blocks for the 150th birthday are up to date as well as my solstice challenge.
Plus, my 150 women's blocks.


I finished my Texas 2 step. This used up a lot of leftover funky, brighter prints, some of which are quite ancient.  I thought the turquoise background was different and something new for me to try.
And I also finished Villa Rosa Orange waves. There is a bit a drastic error in the piecing but I am calling it a planned oopsie. I have no idea how those three blocks got turned around while putting the blocks together but am blaming it on a gust of wind that must have blown onto my design wall?



And, last but not least, I finished off a quilt made from inspiration that Cluck cluck sew demonstrated on her blog earlier this year.  A simple block made from leftover 2.5" strips. I used up a lot of  my purples that were hanging around in my sewing room in Arizona. 


No comments:

Post a Comment