Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wow, one week gone in October!

My Mom.  She fell two weeks ago, in her garage, and spent close to 24 hr, on the cement floor.  My sister just happened to drop by to take her to vote in a by-election and found her.  She has been warmed up, fed intravenously, given a blood transfusion to increase her iron levels, and is now able(with help), get from her bed to a chair and use a commode.  I had made a small quilt that I thought was perfect for her hairdresser, because it had bobby pins and blow dryers but, it is even more perfect for this use!  It is a poly batting and not a very large quilt so fits on her lap to keep her legs and feet warm.
And so... not much time with my sewing machine for a week while I was visiting her and my sister, who all the work is falling upon to care of both parents, both in the hospital!


I have managed to quilt and bind three quilts that were tops that came from the Canadian Quilters Association, via the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild.  I had a stack of 9 given to me to quilt and donate to Quilts of Valour.  These were made for the Great Canadian quilt bee held during Quilt Canada's conference and for donation to Ronald McDonald houses across Canada.  The quilt bee was held to commemorate Canada's 150th birthday and each quilt was made from Cheryl Arkison slab block pattern and needed one piece of Canadiana fabric in them.



If anyone happens to recognize a quilt that they are or know the quilt maker, I would be thrilled to add their name to the QOV label that is on the back of each one.

I also got one of the summer star block quilts finished and it is ready to donate to Quilts of Valour.

This quilt was made by Val Redekop and Gloria Toews. I quilted and bound this one and again, donated to Quilts of Valour.

I have two of my triangle quilts finished and the third one is waiting for binding.  This was originally a kit called Zoe's quilt (bought at a quilt show in 2014) and I decided to make two preemie quilts and one slightly larger instead of one big quilt.

And a preemie quilt called confetti.
And blocks in progress for a We Care quilt demonstration at guild on Tuesday.  Come and see what it is about! 



These fabrics are a challenge for the FVMQG and I have no clue what to use them for but the project is due Thursday.  It might not happen!
 I picked up a We Care kit from our last guild meeting in September.  Will it get finished for Tuesday?





No comments:

Post a Comment