Search This Blog

Sunday, February 4, 2018

New Month: February projects

Even though it was a crummy start to 2018, I spent quite a few hours in my sewing room and managed to complete a short list of projects.
1. Flannel squares are now a quilt top
2. Quilter's planner block one completed
3. Happy blocks made (70+) and 5 preemie quilt tops ready plus more blocks left over
4. Blocks for California fire victims completed (enough for a quilt top)
5. Field day (surrounded 16 patches) quilt top made.
6. Daisy prints split 9 patch 10" squares top completed.

I have the Field Day quilt ready to take home and finish:
And the happy blocks got sorted into those suitable for preemie quilts.  I had to do a wee bit of math.  A finished preemie is 30" x 36" but my blocks were going to finish at 10" which would have meant quilts measuring 30 x 40 - ooops!  So I put the blocks on the design wall and took ¼" off the top and bottom edges of each block making them 9.5" finished in one direction and still 10" in the other direction.  Problem solved!
And 5 of them ready for the next step:
Under the ironing board are some surrounded 16 patches but they were too dull to include in the kit I made, my plus block and fabric and pattern for a star block quilt.  Lots of ideas, not enough time!

This is the split 9 patch made from 10" squares.
Block for January from the Quilter's Planner and even better, a block also completed for February!


I started a project from 10" squares called L7 - are they L's or 7's?  Well, sad to say, I stitched a bunch of blocks incorrectly.
So, will be unstitching or frogstitching during tv time.  They are supposed to look like this!
My kit from Connecting Threads fall sale is almost ready to put the blocks together.
And I though that the leftover daisy fabrics could be used in a color block quilt - pattern from Moda Bake shop.

And I pulled this project out from the UFO stack - two years old so time to start cutting.
And, there are still the projects from January that I didn't get started on or started but never finished!
- 9 patch surrounded
- plus quilt
- Sunland stitchers mystery Xmas quilt
- batik table runner that needs quilting
- Welcome hangings from Patchabilities need finishing.. blanket stitch and binding

But, off to decorate for Valentine's day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment