Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2019

Some great days and some really lazy ones!

I am blaming my age on my days where I don't seem to get much accomplished but, I do have some great days where I seem to have unlimited energy?  So, I roll as quickly as possible on good days and drink lots of tea and do a few minimal things on the low energy days.

My week was interrupted by installation of a new furnace and a/c system.  I had thought I could work away at my sewing machine but I was in the high traffic area between inside and outside and from furnace to outside a/c installation. 

And lots of dust and foot prints across the floor so my plan to cut battings and backings for quilt tops didn't happen.  The pile is still sitting and waiting for me.
After the installation was complete, I had to clean up my 'bunker' space and I spent about 6 hours cleaning, rearranging, opening some containers and labelling.  Not too many surprises but was also trying to Marie Kondo some items... were they bringing me joy?
I have a few boxes of items for tomorrow for our guild's give and take table.


I worked on my Dixie blocks from Cluck, Cluck, Sew and it took me all week right up until Sunday to get my quilt tops assembled.  I decided to make two tops, both approx 44 x 50.  They will be a nice size to donate to We Care in my local guild.


My Villa Rosa  Surrounded blocks are put together but still deciding on whether to add a border.  I think I will to get the quilt top to a size more suitable for donation.
I worked on bindings most evening this week and finished 16 patch #1, and my gingham quilt is done, along with the L - 7 UFO from last year.  Feels good to cross older projects off my list!




And pillowcases!  I made 10 cases for kids going to Burn camp this summer. 

A quilting friend in the guild asked if anyone had any vintage quilts that she could use for a program she is doing.  I had this one and dug it out and took a picture to send to her. 

Spring is bringing some colour to my front garden.  I planted some icelandic poppies last year and they looked sad and I didn't think that they would survive but they sprung to life a month ago and this is what greeted me yesterday morning.  Lots more to come!  And a second plant looked it wouldn't produce any flowers but the buds are forming!  And a third plant, that I did not plant is growing and has buds though they are much smaller than the other two. 




I have a list of projects to complete including two quilts waiting for loading and quilting in my clean bunker.  There are 5 quilts waiting for batting/backings. And have to work on my Rainbow colour challenge blocks - orange this month.  But, first guild meeting tomorrow to get organized for.  And weather permitting, tennis every morning?

2 comments: