Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2020

Retreating and Housecleaning

 Last weekend I headed to a small retreat of good friends... my Wednesday Diva group.  There were 10 of us and we were well spaced and we each have our own bedrooms in a separate building. 





This is the view from my sleeping quarters looking towards the building we sew in.  All very comfortable, quiet and private.  So much nicer than living in the brutal smoke we had for 10 days before this. 

On jelly roll Saturday, I did stitch a jelly roll quilt but didn't take a picture of my own work.  So, you will have to wait for me to quilt it to see it.  I also made a smaller quilt from the leftovers for a child. 

Then I chose to quilt two quilts that were made by someone in the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt guild and I got both quilting and bound and ready to return to the community service group.  A bit of a small challenge since there was minky, fireside and flannel squares all serged together.  But, both are done.


Before I left for retreat, I got my preemies and slightly larger quilts all finished and ready for donation. 


I also swapped mug rugs in a teal swap for fighting ovarian cancer.  My partner sent me this along with some lovely goodies. 


And this is what I made for her. 

During the retreat, I made these blocks and have them sewn together into a top. This will make a lovely quilt of Valour.

The next two pictures are quilt tops made at retreat by others but wanted to show you a little bit of our sewing area. Not a very clear idea but tables and sewing machines go down each side of the room and we have lots of space to work.


September  2020 

I don't have pictures of all of these but, I will eventually, when they are finished.

1.

1.       Quilt 5 preemies

2.       Cdn Happy Blocks

3.       RSC blocks: strip, medallion, 4 patch

4.       Harry Potter

5.       Twizzle (UFO) started, maybe half way through?

6.       Ohio Star (UFO)

7.       Solstice (UFO)

8.       Aunt Gracie’s charms (UFO)

9.       Autumn bunting

10.   Stepping Stones red

11.   Mors bags: food  themes

12.   Hourglass pinwheel strip (UFO)

13.   10 min tablerunner (UFO)

14.   Autumn table runner – Shabby fabrics

15.   All Hallow’s even charms

16.   October Scarecrow

17.   Row by Row 2016 moose scenic (UFO)

18.   Hot pads – jelly roll/rope

19.   Mystery step 2 Meadowland

20.   Canadian fabrics 3 yd quilt

21.   FVMQG: quilt #1

22.   FVMQG: quilt #2

23.   FVMQG: Make #1

24.   FVMQG: Make #2

25.   Bright Jelly roll

26.   Diamond tote bag

27.   Start an embroidery project

28.   Start a knitting project

With four days left in the month, I am not holding my breath.  The title of this blog says housework? Yes, my husband left on his annual hunting trip so I have been doing some fall cleaning... moving furniture, washing floors, stripping beds, dusting and getting out some fall decor.  So much easier to do when there isn't another person in my way and I don't have to stop and make meals!  House looks a little nicer and certainly a cleaner and tidier.  

It would be nice to get outside in the garden after all the rain as the weeds will be easier to pull and the grass might start turning green and growing.  And, with the sunshine that is coming, the courts will be dry and so it will be morning tennis.  And even better, I have a hair appointment next week.  That is cause for celebration and reward for doing this housework! 

No comments:

Post a Comment