Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15th and I am progressing nicely through my list.

 I looked at my list from the last blog and seems like I might have added a few things.  Oh well. 

1. Rainbow scrap challenge: purple - 3 sets of blocks

2. PBJ: pumpkin - 2 blocks (only one is required but I realized that if I only do one, there will 12 by the end of the year and that isn't enough for a quilt so I need to double up on this project)

3.  Quilt and bind the framed 9 patch top for QOV

4. Quilt and bind the happy blocks for QOV

5. Add labels to quilt donations

6. Bind the framed 16 patch for QOV

7.  Put the Carolyn's blocks together for Heartstrings June challenge

8. Cut hearts and stitch onto backgrounds for the wonky hearts block (Mary's challenge)

9.  Cut out some fabric for the 3 yard quilts and make some kits. Lots of kits cut!

10. Do something with my t-shirts that have been sitting under the table for over a year. 

11.  Quilt and bind  the pink We care

12 Quilt and bind a We care given to me by the coordinator to finish

13> Quilt and bind another pink we care quilt from the guild.  

The framed sixteen patch is finished - quilted, bound and labeled. 

A close up of some of the fabrics I used in this quilt.
My happy blocks are done and the quilt is finished.
And a close up of some of the fabrics I used in this quilt.
The framed nine patch is complete with quilting, binding and label. 
My purple Rainbow scrap challenge blocks are completed.  I making 2 blocks using a sixteen patch, and a variety of strip pieced, friendship stars and rail fences.  All from my scrap buckets. 
The Patterns by Jen blocks are done and I reversed the light and darks.  The theme was pumpkins.  There is an oopsie in one of these blocks - which is right and which is wrong?
The heartstrings fat quarter challenge for June is a top, ready for quilting.  I added these greens to the blues for a bit of interest and they seem to dominate but I like the combination.
The first of my 3x 1 yd. quilts.  I wasn't too pleased with the effect of these fabrics in the Illusions pattern.  After reading the intro to these quilts, I realize that the pattern writer suggests one focal, one light and one dark fabric.  I didn't do that!  So, I added another frame around each of these three blocks and I think it looks a little better.  It made my 7" blocks into 12" blocks so, of course, the idea of using 3 one yard pieces of fabric got messed up with leftovers of these fabrics.  Oh well.  I also added in a panel.  I have a lot of panels leftover from our 150th anniversary and many were given to me so they are easy to incorporate into my Quilts of Valour quilts.
This one is the brick quilt and again, I didn't plan the focal with a light and a dark but this happens to look fine in the finished quilt.
I have a variety of piles of fabrics that will now get switched up to include the variety that I need to make these patterns work out and look good.


The second vaccine is done! 

My peonies are absolutely stunning.  We planted this three years ago and the first year, we had maybe one bloom.  Last year there were 3 flowers and not very impressive.  This year, I am so happy!  What a beautiful colour and I love the show it is putting on for me in our front garden. 

So, back to stitching on these 3 one yard quilts.  Am working on It's a Snap at the moment.  Watch for pictures of progress.  I am hoping that using up yardage will get my stash somewhat reduced! 



1 comment:

  1. Lots of projects to keep you motivated :) Greens and blues together are one of my "go to" combos for quilts when the aim for charity quilts is not to be too girly

    ReplyDelete