Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2022

It feels like a long month? Still one more week to accomplish projects.

I made three toddler quilts with the layer cake of Thomas the train along with some happy blocks, the Heartstrings challenge for January.  These will get quilted and bound in late spring when I am back in my 'other' home.  I decided on 40 x 50 for the size because I wasn't so sure that parents of a newborn  would appreciate Thomas the Train?  I remember my living room floor being one massive train track when my grandsons were preschool age through to 7 or 8 years of age. They loved creating the tracks and playing with the trains. 


I ended up making two of these butterfly quilts with the fabric purchased at the garage sale a few weeks ago and I have used it up. 


I started cutting out another 3 yard quilt called Jigsaw and the fabrics are from a purchased kit of batiks.  One great thing about batiks is that they don't ravel. 

 The colours came out strange in this picture but I think the lighting was poor late in the evening. 

I am working on a Topsy Turvy quilt but decided I want to make it larger and am having to find some alternate fabrics for the centers of the blocks. 

I made this this Illusions quilt from a 3 yard quilt pattern.  It wasn't large enough to I scrapped the  plan in the pattern for a border and made more blocks.  Some are pieced in a strange way to use up my bits.  Nothing was leftover when I finished. 

This is the 5 yard quilt from Connecting Threads and I did change the pattern by making an extra row of blocks and then adding a border to get it a little longer and added wider border on the sides to make it wider.

I dug out some bento blocks that were in the closet on a hanger and there are 17 of them.  I am going to make 13 more and will have enough to make a quilt of Valour.  And, it will count as my Rainbow scrap challenge blocks for January using red fabrics.

I have been productive for the last 10 days. I do think that if I stopped and posted more often, I wouldn't be complaining to myself how long it takes me to write a blogpost! On to my last week in January and will see how much I can finish this month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment