Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Busy binding finished quilts

 I have been busy binding all the quilts that were quilted the last week of April.  The pile of quilts waiting is getting smaller and the pile of labeled and bound quilts is getting higher! The rubber duckie fabric was used in the first of many quilts I will make from the yardage on hand.  I have cut kits for this simple pattern and can quickly sew up a top at our monthly sew-ins.  This one is a preemie for our local NICU. 

A Duck duck goose panel that I had on hand and am sending this to Ronald McDonald house.
Quilt was made from fabric tossed at me in a bag at one of our Modern guild meetings.  I added in the center block to make it a 9 patch and found some bright and wonky border fabric in my stash.
Another panel from the modern guild (I think - it got a bit confusing when I pulled panels from my stash) This will go back to the guild for our community quilts.
I really am not sure where this beige center came from... but it was easy to find fabrics to add as borders to make it little larger and I got it to preemie size.
These three quilts came from an older quilter who has given up her lifelong craft and the centers were in a box of fabrics she was disposing of.  We have no idea who made the centers of each of these but I didn't want them to get donated to the thrift shop so added borders to get them to preemie size. 

That is 8 children's quilts finished for donation. 

This is a Sew Quick 3 yard quilt for Quilts of Valour.  

Villa Rose pattern: Take Out.  I messed up when I made this.  I matched the fabrics and they were supposed to be all mixed up.  Oh well.  Another project in a bag tossed at me during a Modern guild meeting.  I added in a few more batiks to give a little more variety.  I will make this again and mix up all the blocks.  This pattern used 10" squares and was super simple to make. 
I found this pattern online, somewhere?  It is called Corn off the Cob and used a variety of reds, browns and cream fabrics in my stash in my winter home.  Another quilt for Quilts of Valour. 
I did NOT make this quilt but I finished it with quilting, binding and a label for Quilts of Valour.  The top was made by Darlene H. 
Another quilt that I quilted, labeled and bound that was made by Debbie D for Quilts of Valour.  A great use of red scraps. 
I made this 3 yard Courage quilt by Fabric Cafe from fabrics donated to Quilts of Valour by Doris.  A simple pattern and I combined donated fabrics with some of my Canadian themed prints that were leftovers from other quilts.  This was quilted by Dianne Mitchell of Chilliwack and a big thank you for her time and efforts for Quilts of Valour
Another quilt made by me using a pattern designed by Paul Legere for Quilts of Valour.  Dianne Mitchell also quilted and bound this quilt so another huge thank you to her. 
Dianne quilted and bound this Town Square, 3 yard quilt top I made for Quilts of Valour.

I still have 4 quilts left to bind but am waiting for more labels from Quilts of Valour... poor planning on my part but didn't realize I was running out.  I also hadn't planned on getting this many tops quilted and ready for binding.  My week of a quilting marathon was very productive and also getting the finished quilts from Dianne was a bonus. 

There are two more finishes waiting for pictures.

I need to take some outside pictures of our yard... grass has been cut and new growth appearing on lots of my shrubs.  An exciting time of year waiting to see what is going to grow and produce some lovely colour in the yard.  

Back to binding... and planning my May projects... and going to quilt shows... and playing outdoor tennis... and driving to a variety of medical appointments... and maybe getting windows clean? 


No comments:

Post a Comment