Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2024

JULY - all my June projects are finished!

 My final week of June was quilting and I did a lot of it except most of the projects were small, preemie or kid's size quilts with a few larger ones for Quilts of Valour.  This past week has been binding.  I pulled out all my striped fabrics and got started and then I was surrounded by a disaster zone.  Never mind, I kept pushing on with cutting, pressing, stitching... adding labels and last evening, I was done!  

And, I cleaned up.  Everything looks so neat and tidy and dust free.  I even tidied up my threads and my rolling cart. 

Here we go:  Four small preemie quilts for girls.  There is one quilt using my duck fabric (I still have yardage left of it)... along with some charms called Playtime and some of my charms from my container. 

This quilt is Pink by Running Doe (Villa Rosa pattern) and I am doing a sew along with her.  Pink was the pattern she chose for us to make. 
Three boy preemies using various themed fabrics of trucks and building equipment. All the same pattern... super quick and easy.
Three more quilts using my charms plus borders and a square dance quilt using my jungle themed 10" squares.

Two more boy quilts for preemies using charms.
And another set of quilts for preemies using the infamous duck fabric. 
The stack of finished quilts ready for donation. 
 

Plus #3 got quilted.  I made these blocks in 2023 for rainbow scrap challenge and ended up with 4 quilt tops.  Almost finished quilting them. One to go.
A bit of history with this quilt... the blocks were from a swap in 2009 with Canadian quiltswappers, a Yahoo group.  I still have the names of who sent in the blocks to the swap and each province and territory was represented.  I added in some plain blocks plus a border to make a Quilt of Valour.  If you look at the picture, some of the blocks are really indicative of their province that they represent.  An old UFO, finally finished. 
A pattern from Villa Rosa called Tibet and it is for Quilts of Valour
Crossroads is a 3 yard pattern that I enlarged a little... and ran out of my maple leaf blocks so added in some blocks that were cut from fabrics that I found nestled in with the old UFO above. 
Whew!!  Done and still have a day or two left in my first week of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment