Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

June - quilting week.

 I was busy creating quilt tops and completing my rainbow scrap challenge blocks for the last two weeks and now, time to get those tops into finished quilts and off to their destination.  First, after cutting and stitching a variety of quilts for kids, I decided to cut more kits before I put the fabric away.  Of course, that meant getting more fabric out into public to figure out the four patches to go with the themed fabrics (cut into 5" squares).  Then that fabric got folded and sorted by colour and put back onto the shelves. 


The block for Patterns by Jen got done and, as always, I made two with lights and darks reversed.
Onto the piecing.  This quilt used squares that were in the container and cut a bunch of fabrics for frames. 
My pictures are NOT in any kind of order, obviously.  These are my RSC blue scrappy strips blocks. 
And, back to piecing tops.  More 5" squares (the Heartstrings choice of precut fabric for June)
And another top.
More blocks made and stitched together.  Sweatshop stitching. So much fabric and so little time!
One for a girl.
And, this one is a Villa Rosa pattern called Tibet.  A little busy with fabrics but all Canadian themed so will be for Quilts of Valour
Sunday was the beginning of quilting week for me and have managed to get 12 quilted and trimmed since then.  Bindings are NOT made but their time will come.
I have three kid's quilts waiting to be quilted, hopefully today and then onto the larger quilts to be quilted on the B-line home quilting system.
How amazing, an empty design wall!
However, my second design wall has some RSC blocks from previous years on there and I am going to add frames/sashings.
And, the sashings are cut and waiting.  But, no piecing until quilts are quilted and bindings are made and attached.
I forced myself to do a bit of gardening/weeding/fertilizing this week and these are my red roses with some fabulous poppies mixed in.  The poppies seed themselves and you never know where they will show up.
This was the first batch of preemie quilts that went from being a top to being quilted though not yet trimmed.
And again, lots of mixed up pictures but this is bundles and bows, one of my block choices for RSC this year.  I chose to make too many but I keep telling myself that scrap fabrics are being turned into something useful. On the ironing board are stacks of the other blocks I am trying to make each month - L blocks, rail blocks, quarter star blocks, and garlic knots plus the scrappy strips shown previously.
Also criss cross stars
And, another view, of the blocks on the design wall. 
I had planned to head out to the garden today since my Wednesday group was cancelled but... oh dear... it is pouring with rain.  I guess I am stuck inside and now that my daily chores are done, time to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment