Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Almost there.

I am so close to having all the tops quilted and bound that I had made during my winter months in the south.  There were a few tops tucked away here at home as well that needed to be completed. 

This past week, I managed to get three more added to the pile of finished quilts. 
The first quilt is a yellow brick road made from flannels that were from a bundle of half metre pieces that I 'think' I purchased at Quiltopia in Maple Ridge.  Am guessing it was about 4 years ago?  I had cut up the pieces into fat quarters, added my own flannels as well and made both the Iced Tea quilt as well as this one.  A nice, soft, flannel quilt for someone that needs some comfort.  My flannel pile has gone down in size! 


These hexies are made using a half hexie ruler that I purchased from Missouri Star quilting company after I watched her video on U Tube.  Was simple, fun and a great way to use up more of my Aunt Gracie and reproduction fabrics.  Thanks to Julie for quilting this for me.  This will be sent to Quilts of Valour for an injured military member.

Using the same half hexie ruler as above, I cut lights and darks and arranged them in an alternating pattern.  Super simple, and again, a great way to use up some of those scraps of fabric that you can't find another use for.  This worked great with fat quarters. Thank you to Connie for quilting this top so that we could make another Quilt of Valour donation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment