Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three more UFO's are finito!

I have had a fairly busy few weeks working on finishing up more of my UFO's.  My grandson has been having seizures so have spent quite a bit of time at the hospital but it is nice to come home and work on quilting or binding to take my mind off the poor guy. 

The first one is a fairly old UFO.  I think it is about 9 years ago that I attended one of Kasey's retreat in Sechelt, the last one before they condemned the building we were using.  These were blocks I won in a lottery she held.



I am sure I found a top in a pile of fabric and odds and ends that were on a table at my Sunland Stitchers meeting and it was some charm squares sewn together.  I cut a bunch more Thimbleberries fabrics and added to it to make it large enough for a Quilt of Valour. 


Jaybird Quilts really inspires me.  I really enjoy her blog and her refreshing views on quilting.  This was made using one of her rulers which was impossible to find here in the lower mainland so ended up special ordering though Hamel's fabrics.  Having the ruler made it much easier and faster. The strips were all from my strip bin and the blacks from my black/white prints bin.  This was a project from last summer so not quite a year old, a young UFO!  And, best part, I didn't have to shop for any of these projects.  They all used up fabric that I had on hand. 



All will be donated to Quilts of Valour here in B.C. and Alberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment