I took time 'off' from my regular routine and schedule and visited Langley quilt show yesterday. I met so many 'old' friends and had fun visiting as well as looking at the fabulous quilts. A great mix of traditional and modern quilts. I took a few pictures of my favourites or quilts that I thought "I can make that!".
At guild this week, I won! I had a choice of half the money collected or this stack of fat quarters... the fabric came home with me.
And, I have started creating my village. This was a sew along, stitching 8 houses at a time, in January... am a little late to the party but working away on them. They are fun to make and use two charm squares or 5" squares and I am going through my scrap bins, one colour at a time.
- play with cracker blocks
- make some 10" blocks for a quilt of valour that my quilt Diva is making for our guild challenge
- finish a preemie quilt that I picked up a kit for on Tuesday
- layer and quilt 3 more tops from winter sewing
- get the binding finished on the two Quilts of Valour I have finally quilted from last fall
- make my May blocks: strippy and rail fences in pink and roses
- stitch my quilter's planner block for May
And then work on whatever else catches my wandering brain. Too many ideas, not enough time!