Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2019

New month with new goals.

I ran out of time in January.  Even though it is only the end of January and beginning of February, our social calendar is full with lots of activities.  There was a surprise birthday party for a friend with over 100 people attending, a thank you party last weekend here at our house, and a great tennis activity yesterday with the Canadians versus the U. S. players.  First time in three years, Canada lost!  We will return next year with more effort to get our trophy back.  And then impromptu parties happen and today, it rained.  But the necessities of life get in the way as well.. so today was grocery shopping and some laundry.
 My husband and his Canadian partner playing against some U.S. players. Cloudy day but warm and perfect for a tennis tournament.

I did not cross anything off my January goal list and it looks the same as last week.
However, I did finish my blocks for "Out of Time", a Missouri Star free video and pattern.  Simple as the blocks are, it seemed to take forever to make, probably because I didn't spend any time on Wed, Thurs, Fri, or Sat in my sewing room?
This is large enough that it won't need borders.  Hoping to get the blocks sewn together so I can empty my design wall..
I did stitch up my Sparrow block for the week and while this is week 13, I have 9 blocks made.  I am ok with that because I am choosing to make the blocks I like.  This week was called Firecracker.
I did change my mind about my blocks for the Rainbow scrap challenge and made these.  The blocks from last week will get donated to Canada Stitches and I will send them all that I made.
The oranges and grapefruit on our trees are ripening and time to start picking and juicing.
So, not a great progress report but maybe, if the weather stays wet and cool, I might get more time in my sewing room?




1 comment: