Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Last week of January 2019

 I wrote a short list last Sunday about my goals for the week and what I wanted to accomplish by the end of the month.  I spend quite a bit of my time on the tennis court and also watched many games from the Australian Open but I also managed some stitching time. I crossed off a few projects from my list but of course, managed to work on some quilts not on the list!

My goals:
- catch up on Sparrow blocks
- make #2 block for CQA
- stitch the gingham blocks together
- make the binding for the gingham quilt
- RSC blocks in red
- Quilter's Planner block for Jan
- 30" table topper Connecting Threads
- City View Connecting Threads.
- Charm quilt for Heartstrings challenge.
- Strippie kid's quilt

Blocks for the Sparrow Quilting: 50 blocks in 50 weeks.  Some of these are a bit time consuming and others are very simple.  The challenge is up to week 11 and I am not quite caught up but I also don't need all 52 blocks - 42 will be enough for a quilt for Quilts of Valour. So, I can afford to not make a block that I don't want to make.




The CQA challenge of 50 blocks in 50 weeks is a simple one.  The blocks finish at 6" so not a big consumption of time or fabric.
My gingham blocks got stitched together and the top is now folded and ready to be taken home for quilting. I might add a border to get it a little larger and again, will be a quilt for Quilts of Valour. The binding also got made but no picture.

The Rainbow scrap challenge challenge blocks are made using red as January's colour.  I did double duty on these, some are for me and are for Canada Stitches, the group that makes quilts for First Responders.  There is one destination that I like to contribute to, the Can Praxis horse camps at Rocky Mountain house, for treating those with PTSD and at the end, they are presented with a quilt at the end of their program.  A request for red and white churn dashes was sent out and I will share my blocks with them.
I also made a preemie quilt for my guild back home from charm squares and it is ready for the quilting and binding in March.
And then I ignored my list and worked on some blocks from a video I watched by Missouri Star.  I pulled out a layer cake and began making some of these blocks.
The pattern is "Out of Time" and the blocks stitch up quickly.  That is my favourite kind of block, goes together easily and quickly and make a 12" block so the quilt is finished in a timely manner, especially when it is for donation.
Today will be a no sewing day.  Time on the courts and then we are having a big salmon barbecue this afternoon with sockeye caught by my husband last summer. 
Hopefully, this week, I will get started on a few new projects from last week's list.
My goals:
- week 12 Sparrow blocks
- make #3 block for CQA
- Quilter's Planner block for Jan
- 30" table topper Connecting Threads
- City View Connecting Threads.
- Strippie kid's quilt
- finish blocks for Out of Time

Four days to accomplish a few of these.  




1 comment: