Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

March, where did you come from?

Somehow, I missed the first 10 days of the month and have nothing to show for the time I spent at home and when we returned.  I have played a lot of tennis but that is only a couple of hours a day and where does the rest of the time go?  I will admit, I have done quite a bit of reading but still... an hour a day at my machine is what makes me happy and that hasn't happened.
The view of Mt. Baker, at home, was quite stunning. My husband was quite bored with the cold weather so he started vehicle shopping via the phone and eventually we visited some car dealerships and that took up a considerable amount of time.
This came home with me and it has plenty of room in the back for an ironing board, sewing machines and a sewing chair for retreats.  All important items that had to fit to meet my requirements.  Lots to learn with all the new electronics and touch screens.  I am keen to figure out how to listen to my quilting podcasts on the sound system.  But after it found a place in my garage, we left to come back to the warmth and sunshine.
Here we go again.  At least we are travelling with carry on luggage only which makes it much easier to board and walk out of the arrival airport quickly.
While we were home, I made a prototype of a scissor case that my guild is going to do a swap with.  Fun, easy and quick to make.
When I arrived back in our winter home, I wanted to make thank you gifts to the women on my tennis team.  I have been their captain for a few years and this year was one of the easiest and best of all. So, this is what I made for them.
And I started a kit from Connecting Threads called City View. I am not very far along but hopefully, this week will see more progress:

The binding is made for both this one and one that I took home with me.
Three blocks were made for the CQA 52 blocks in 52 weeks and now I am up to date... I think and hope.

Then I worked on my blocks from Sparrow Quilting which is 50 blocks in 50 weeks. 
Again, I think I am up to date.
So, this week, I will have two new blocks to make, one for each of the weekly blocks I am making.  I hope to get City View stitched, cut up, and stitched again into a quilt top ready to take home for quilting.
I do have a table runner that has been sitting here for a few years and can't figure out what I did with the binding but hopefully, can get it quilted and bound.  That would turn a UFO into something useful?
And I want to get to work on my Quilter's planner blocks which I haven't even started yet but I have the fabric pulled.  It is only mid March... only 3.5 months behind? 
However, I am in a tennis tournament this week where I will be playing plus volunteering in the kitchen and on the grill.  Sadly, rain is predicted which will mess things up.  And the week following in another tournament but that is out of our village so no volunteering required, just show up, play and hopefully win!
Enjoy your March.  Cool here in Arizona but this time next week, we are supposed to hit the 90's!!  From sweatpants to shorts, jackets to tank tops! 







1 comment: