Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

June feels like there are extra days?

It is probably because the evenings stay lighter, longer that it feels like there are a few extra days this month.  Today is the 22nd.. still over a week left in this month.  Yippee for me and getting some of my goals accomplished.
1. Quilt/bind cracker block quilt
2. Quilt/bind QOV  donated by a local quilt guild member
3. Quilt a Quilt of Valour made  by a friend
4. Quilt/bind a project I picked up from our modern guild parking lot gathering in May
5. Quilt /bind RSC #3 -
  6.Make set of blocks picked up at FVMQG gathering
7. Makestrip pieced triangle blocks picked up at the FVMQG gathering
8. Make some scrub bags for Abbotsford guild donation
9. Work on RSC blocks for June - pink
10. Make Saratoga quilt (a kit from Keepsake how many years ago?) Quilt and Bind
11. Pick up income tax and pay the accountant!
12. Work on some St. Louis 16 patch blocks
 13. Make tinker tote
14. Dark green RSC  blocks for May
15. Block lottery from FVMQG - red/black 9 patches
16. stitch a new purse
17. Finish postcard for modern guild challenge
18. Make an armchair caddy
19. Cocktail mug rug for Modern guild challenge
20. Bind RSC #2 
21, Quilt and bind RCMP quilt (FVMQG block lottery)
22. Stepping Stones, Fabric Cafe - piece top

So, a few more projects crossed off the list but I have added more as well! 
First, the triangle blocks that I made for the modern guild. A bit of a nuisance though I love strip piecing with scraps.  I used a muslin backing for these. I found it crazy that with all my triangle rulers, not one matched the shape of the triangle that I had a template for in this project?
I was given baggies of strips and some slippery white background... but done!  I managed to get 18 blocks put together plus another 2 to return to the community quilt organizers.

I have been working on some St. Louis 16 patch blocks and dug out what I had already cut and have stitched enough for 2 quilts.

And I had a lot of leftover pieces from both of these quilts as well as from quilts I made in the past so I am stitching them together, trimming and figure that I need about 80 for quilt. I am over 50 blocks and still stitching and trimming.
Two quilt totally finished this week.  I have my Rainbow Scrap challenge 2019 #2 completely done as well as my cracker blocks quilt.

I quilted the Quilt of Valour quilt top given to me by a guild member and the binding is made, just patiently waiting for me to stitch the binding on.
I have backing for the RCMP quilt top and need to join the pieces so I can get that layered and quilted.
And of course, I started a new quilt top.  This one is Stepping Stones by Fabric Cafe and it is one of their 3 yard quilts.   I wanted it a little larger so had to dig in my bin of floral fabrics to find something that would work and now am sewing the blocks together.
I have made two cocktail mug rugs for a challenge for the modern guild and both need binding.  I only need it to fit the bottom of a wine glass as I am not a cocktail person but made one a little larger, just in case!
This afternoon, I was a little tired from morning tennis and a lousy sleep last night but got myself motivated to make backings (thanks Marge for the fabric you donated) and cut batting for the next quilts that are in line for getting finished.  I have 4 quilts ready for June/July and you know I will be adding more to that pile!
Plus, I spent some time organizing my downstairs bunker and, other than feeling overwhelmed by how much fabric I have, I know where it all it all is and what there is to work on.  Too many batiks and still a container of old floral fabrics.  Just motivates me to keep on sewing!  We are having lovely weather after all our recent rain and everything is green and lush... and we have a prediction of some warm, summer weather.  Tennis and quilting will be my daily activities. Plus, next week, my first hair cut since Christmas! 







No comments:

Post a Comment