Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Almost the middle of January and sewing time is still limited.

I have no idea why my time at my sewing machine is so limited but hoping I am finally on track to get a few things accomplished this week.

Tennis courts are still wet and we are still walking at 1pm every day regardless of weather or temperatures. 


Christmas is now put away in my house - undecorated/dedecorated?  We need a name for this process and it took me 3 days!  I only found a few things after everything was away that need to be stored, but, I planned for that because it always happens! 




Everything is tucked under my stairs and there were fewer containers after I purged quite a bit of our seasonal decor.  And, I tidied up my 'bunker'.  I get asked what a bunker is.  Well, we are built on a steep slope on the side of a hill and our driveway is on the upside of the hill.  They dug down deep for the foundation of the house and that created this space, which is under our master bedroom on the main floor, and it is an area with no windows but it is dry and the furnace is here so it is warm! I keep the B-line (home quilting system) here and all my fabrics that are stored by genre.  Plus my scraps and backing fabrics (on bolts) are here as well.  

I managed to actually get the bindings on the quilts that were waiting last week to be completed.  One is for Quilts of Valour and I used charm packs from the Northcott O Canada line and it was a November Heartstrings challenge.  

And this is the CQA 52 week block challenge from 2019.  Finished!!

I did get the January "patterns by Jen" block made and am making a second one is reverse colour placement.  Cut out, but not stitched.


I have started on the cat quilt from 10" squares and 21 blocks are finished - 19 to go!
The pinks for the Rainbow scrap challenge haven't moved from the cutting table but I have added more ideas of blocks to make for this year.  Stop finding ideas and start cutting and stitching.
The January step for the Meadowland mystery is set out and ready for me to put this step together. 

I have my GO cutter set up and ready to go with the tumbler challenge and waiting... waiting... for some cutting mats to arrive.  Postage from the U.S was crazy expensive but I found a Canadian company in Ontario that had what I wanted and they were in the mail the day I ordered them.  Of course, Canada Post is slow from there to here but, they are on their way and supposed to arrive on Thursday.  Crossing my fingers so I can the January Heartstrings tumbler challenge on the way to being cut out and put together.


Our traditional guild had a pick up of prizes after our Christmas Holly Jolly bingo game and I took my 3 ring binders of patterns with me, opened my back hatch and half the binders went to guild members to peruse and look through for inspiration.  I encouraged them to pass the binders on to other guild members since we aren't meeting and don't have our sharing table.  So this pile isn't nearly as big and I was able to tuck the binders away in a smaller box until the next meet up. 

Back to getting some piecing done and hoping I have a few more 'finished' projects or least something organized up on the design wall! 



No comments:

Post a Comment