Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Eek - March 9 and I realized my last post was Feb 21.

 It has been a busy few weeks.  The weather has improved greatly so that means tennis at 1pm.  I will be happy when we resume our club hours and begin to play at 9 or 10am mid month.  Playing in the afternoon seems to mess up my days with mornings busy doing household chores, afternoon tennis and then when do I get time in my sewing room?  Of course, we have also had some intense jig saw puzzle time as well. 

This past weekend, I attended a mini retreat with my closest quilting friends and our fearless leader managed to get us designated as a care group needing mental health. Sounds about right to me!  We were half the usual number which had some benefits and we could overlook the negatives.  But, I was set up by 11am Saturday and stitched constantly until Monday at 4pm.  

Most of the things I took with me are now put where they should be although all my projects that I didn't work on or are part of a larger project need to be sorted and put away properly. 

I have 17 tops for quilting.  That will be my focus starting mid March.  There are a few other things I want to get done or finished first plus, with sunny weather, my garden is calling me to come and get rid of weeds!  The first two pictures are of the retreat center where we stitch like crazy!  And talk, laugh and share quilting ideas and finished projects.


Two placemats for St. Patrick's day got made and ready to use.
Before I left home for the retreat, I was tidying and organizing and found this wall decal that I thought would be better on the wall than being moved from here to there.  I put it above my door that leads down into my 'bunker'.

These small wall hangings are really ancient.  They are from my textile art classes that I taught and these were samples of making yo-yos and landscapes.  I have been retired for 19 years and am guessing these are probably close to 25 years old?  How time flies. I will quilt them a bit, stitch down the applique and bind them and then not sure where they go from there.
Two table toppers for St. Patrick's day that are made but not layered, quilted or bound.  My project for the next couple of days.
And a quick wall hanging that I will finish.  I added the borders while at retreat but didn't take batting or backing so couldn't go any further on it.
A UFO from 2019... only 2 years ago but was tucked in with a few other projects.  This will get finished this week as well with simple stitch in the ditch quilting.

Don't laugh at this picture but my husband was using twist ties to keep his cardigan closed.  I went through my button jar and found odd ones that were the right size and sewed them on. He probably didn't want to tell me the buttons needed replacing because he would have to admit he didn't keep the buttons when they fell off.  Plus, one more St. Patrick's day project.  I need to get the table toppers finished so I can do my stairwell display.

This is my Meadowland mystery that needed a couple of borders and those got added at retreat.
Rainbow scrap challenge #2 from 2020 put together and waiting for quilting.
This charm quilt was also from my Rainbow scrap challenge 2020 - Falling charms and every month blocks were made from that month's colour. This came out square because I couldn't quite figure out how to get it rectangular when sewing blocks diagonally.
And another happy block quilt made from the blocks Penny and I both made plus a small panel.  This is Canadian themed fabrics and will be a quilt of valour.
These are a couple of our jig saw puzzles that we put together.  Our dining room is now known as the puzzle room.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your accomplishments during retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retreat is always fun and easy to accomplish lots because we are away in the middle of no where! There is no shopping and we plan for being totally self contained while we are there and bring loads of food, beverages, and projects!

    ReplyDelete