Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2021

Last week of April and look what I have accomplished!

 I really like to make preemie quilts and have mentioned before that we had twin grandsons born into our family on May 25 2001 and one will be celebrating his twentieth birthday this year while Isaac was only with us for 72 hours. The twins were born at 25 weeks and both were tiny at 1.25 lb and 1.50 lb.  Nolan spent the next 3 months in the NICU and I saw how quilts and blankets on isolettes really made the room brighter and much easier to identify where your baby was located.  

So, in memory of Isaac and Nolan's time in the NICU, I have made 15 small quilts for our local hospital.  All are quilted, bound, and labelled and ready to be delivered. The stack is in front of the last baby quilt I will make and that is a UFO or work in progress from a couple of years ago... so my total will be 16 when it is finished.

 

 






I was pleased that I managed to make the battings for each of these quilts with leftover pieces that I put together.  I still have a large stack of leftover batting pieces. 
It has been 10 days of beautiful weather with morning tennis daily but my afternoons were spent piecing and then quilting.  Having lighter evenings also makes it easier for me to head downstairs after dinner and work on a project for an hour. 

So, my goal was to make a few preemie quilts and I accomplished that.  Nothing else but the month isn't over yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment