Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

A few finishes since Saturday

 I have been totally focused on getting some of these tops quilted and then I spent some time on Monday and Tuesday afternoon working on binding four of them.   

So far, this is what has been accomplished: I have the quilt made from the "Parade" block that was designed for Quilts of Valour earlier this spring.  Lots of older Northcott Oh Canada fabrics used as well as some of the new ones for 2023. 

Town Square is a 3 yard quilt and I demonstrated making these blocks at guild last month.  I used up a lot of fabrics in the center along with some red donated to QOV by Hilda.
In March, while at our 'other' house for a few weeks, I put together this quilt top.  I used the idea of the 3 yard quilt called Illusions but used 5 yards and created extra blocks. 
Another 3 yard quilt called Sew Quick used up some older fabric with a Canadian theme.  I included a close up of the novelty fabric with names of places from around our country.
This is the heartstrings challenge for July - use some fat quarters and my blocks are made, just patiently waiting for bindings to get done before I join these blocks into a top.

I still have a huge stack of quilts (it seems) waiting for binding and one more ready to load and get quilted.  It is hot enough here and so much smoke in the air from forest fires that hiding inside seems to be the only option.  

My list progress for June.  I have added to this list, of course, since I wrote it a few days ago. 

My new list for this month:

1. Rainbow scrap challenge strip and plus blocks - colour chosen was blue but we have already had blue so I will work with my browns since the bin is overflowing. 

2. Finish blocks for Strip twist and get the top put together - blocks are finished, just waiting to join them into a quilt top

3. Finish Carolyn's fat quarter blocks (Heartstrings challenge for June) and get top put together

4. PBJ block for June - gray 

5. Quilt two Bento box tops -One is done

6. Quilt two Illusions tops

7. Bindings!  There will be at least 11 finished quilts to bind and more if I get bento box and Illusions quilted in a timely manner   Bindings 1, 2, 3, 4 are done. 

8. Quilt art wall hanging quilted and bound and hung on the wall. 

9. Make a 3 yard quilt (already kitted up) at Saturday modern guild sew in.  

10. Catch up on row x rows for May and June - 4 to get done!  

11. Make a few pillowcases for the kids going to burn camp in July.  


No comments:

Post a Comment