Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Adding to my previous post

This was my pile of quilts with batting and backing cut and ready for the quilting marathon last week in May.  I emptied a few boards of fabric that I used for backings.  
I played binding chicken with each of the quilts and won on most - this one was a definite loss and had to prepare another piece to be able to finish. 
I pulled out some fabric for making kid's quilts from charms for my Heartstrings group and this one is called Square Dance.  I had a stack of 10" squares that are jungle themed.  I put two together, cut as shown (and described in the last post) and started stitching. 
My day of working outside ended up with some pictures of some of my garden areas.  My rhodo is never spectacular no matter much fertilizer I feed it.  But, at least there were some flowers.
Marigolds always add a lovely bright colour and there are lots more starting from seeds that self planted last year.  The wild rose is beginning to bloom and my Rose of Sharon is showing signs of green.
A few more orphan blocks were found and enlarged to 12.5" for Survivor quilts and will head to Quilt Canada with a friend who is attending the show.  Vanessa of Quilts for Survivors is hoping for 1000 blocks and am sure I have contributed 10% of her goal.
We had an afternoon without any electricity so I pulled out my box of hug blocks that I take to guild meetings and organized, started a new system with a sample of each block on the bag.  I used to drag my finished hug block quilt to each meeting but this method will be much easier.  My goal is have a completed block for each hug block pattern and here are three more completed. 
Such a lovely full moon though this was taken the night before the actual event.  The weather forecast was not looking great for the next night so I grabbed the opportunity to get a picture. 

I still don't know why my pictures from my phone won't upload to my blog while I am on the computer but, I figured out how to sign into my blog from my phone and uploaded them that way.  Where there is a will, there is a way! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment