Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Back on Track, I think!

I spent some time last weekend and throughout this week, between housework and tennis, tidying and organizing all my projects here in Arizona.
My list is written and I am sad about just how many projects are here, crammed into containers, in my sewing closet.
But, I think I am doing well on a "no buy" plan for more fabric or supplies.  I really don't need to add to this.
I have projects fairly well organized in containers and have selected fabrics for my various blocks of the week/month(Sparrow Quilting)
 as well as my Quilter's planner blocks and have them ready to go.

But first, I wanted to finish my Busy Bee, Villa Rosa that I started in November.  However, I can't find the rail fences to go with these blocks.
I had to have taken them home in December?  They are no where to be found and I know I took home the binding so this has to wait until April to be worked on.
I did spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out what block(s) I want to make this year for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.  I have my red for January ready to go but still a bit undecided. 
My Cornerstone blocks are made - a kit from Craftsy last fall during the Black Friday sales.
This is my current project on my design wall.  It is a Villa Rosa pattern and is a good way to use some fat quarters. The blocks go together fairly quickly.

 I also have this kit cut up and am working on it while I watch the Australian Open tennis.  This is Iceberg from Villa Rosa - another Black Friday kit.

So, working away on a variety of projects and my design wall is now busy instead of the boring, blank, white wall that I have been staring at for the last few weeks.
Hopefully, by next week, I will have a few projects finished to the flimsy stage.
We had a great day yesterday, celebrating the grand opening of our new tennis courts.  They are terrific to play on and are much easier on our aging legs and much safer for us seniors.




2 comments:

  1. I comment on my own posts so I know when someone else replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I listed all my projects that I've started (at least gathered pattern and fabric as well as those in various stages of progress), I'd probably have a longer list than you. Those new tennis courts are beautiful. My mom played on those old courts. She loved learning to play at age 65 and may be coming back for a visit next month. I'll have to be sure to show them to her. I think I can see myself sitting in that picture at the dedication.

    ReplyDelete