Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Another month, another list of projects

I had a successful month of May and feel like I made a small dent in my box of UFO's, projects patiently waiting and also finished a few quilted projects.  My list for June is still long, but I think there will be more time for playing around?
In May, I completed: (pictures in blog posts for May)
1. Batik table runner
2. Gingham quilt
3. St. Louis 16 patch #1
4. St. Louis 16 patch #2
5. Star Table topper
6. L-7 quilt
7. Pillowcases for burn camp
8. Out of Time quilt
9. 16 patch surrounded
10. City view (still waiting for binding to be stitched down)
11. Read to Bloom
12. Pillowcase for Grandson #3

So twelve projects are finished and I also managed to get a few projects from fabric to blocks to quilt top stage, cut and put together and are now patiently waiting on hangers for quilting and binding.  Until I sit and make a list, I never feel like I am getting much done but May was a good month.

I have a new list for June:
1. Iceberg, Villa Rosa pattern - needs quilting and binding
2. Busy Bee, another Villa Rosa pattern - waiting for quilting and binding
3. Two quilts from one of my Wednesday Diva group for quilting and binding for Quilts of Valour
4. Rainbow scrap blocks in blue for June
5. Squared off - Craftsy kit, waiting for quilting and binding
6. Welcome Autumn  - Patchabilities
7. Rainbow strip blocks: assembled into a top, quilted, bound
8. Sparrow 50 blocks up to date
9. CQA 52 blocks up to date
10. New totebag from 10" squares of fabric
11. Cafe Heartland from top to finished quilt - waiting to be quilted and bound
12. Blocks for Canada Stitches (Quilts for first responders)
13. Dixie quilts (2) layered, quilted and bound.
14 Flower shoppe, diagonal layout

A generous list and I know I missed some projects but will work away, one day at a time and see what the end of June brings.
Pillowcase for my grandson #3.  He wanted bright. 

 Star table topper, finally has the binding completed. 
 Flower Shoppe is now a quilt top.  Remind me that I don't like stitching blocks together in a diagonal setting but, it does look good! I have Iceberg (Villa Rosa) ready for quilting and is next up on the B-line.
 This is Corner Cabin quilt, At Home, added to the pile of 'waiting patiently, and on the design wall behind, is  Cafe Heartland.
I managed to quilt and bind Ready to Bloom:
And played with a block pattern from Marge, for Quilts of Valour
The friendship star blocks are made and ready to mail off to Canada Stitches.  I have made blocks and so have many of the Abbotsford Guild and will mail them off this week for inclusion in quilts for first responders attending PTSD camps at Rocky Mountain House. (Can Praxis).
 And, I played with a block that uses up 2.5" strips that are scrappy and sitting around in a container (I have lots of these!).
Plus another block using strips from Fat Quarter Shop.
And, I will end with some lovely roses from my garden.





1 comment: