Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2019

A blog break because... I was busy!

Busy times last weekend.  I headed to Vancouver Island to attend my 55th high school reunion and to work with my sister on emptying everything of mom's that was still filling up her two spare bedrooms. There were boxes of items to go through, things to be photographed and listed for sale and we ended up with a variety of piles: church garage sale, church choir, memory box, photos to be eventually sorted but good for scanning in case of a memorial service, recycling, shredding etc.  
Everything looks perfect now that the job is done. No piles anywhere. Yippee.
I managed to get my mug rug done for my Canadian swap and it mailed off. 
 While I was in Victoria, I visited my dad and there is a lovely new garden behind his building... very peaceful and residents have planted vegetables, flowers and fruit. 
And we had an enjoyable meal with my dad other than some really stringy asparagus soup?

When I returned home, more appointments for my husband and of course, daily tennis but I read an idea on a blog and need to thank Crazy Quilter on a bike... she is pinning papers with projects on them to a wire rack with clothespins.  I was thinking that writing lists is really tedious and they get messy so... I used post it notes and put them on my white board.  At the moment, they are really scattered around and I might take some time to categorize them but now, when I get to remove one from the board, it will feel good!
A little bit more done on my curves, sunrise quilt. 
And my jolly bars that I stitched together in a simple pattern are joined and top is ready for quilting.
My husband had to eat radioactive egg whites for a nuclear test this week... what a horrible meal to have to eat. The only saving grace of this was the little package of strawberry jam! UGH.
The double slice quilt, made from 10" squares is finished. 

The not so delicious radioactive egg white meal? Doesn't look too appetizing.


Heartland quilt is finished.  It isn't a very large quilt but will perfect for donation to someone wheelchair bound.
I have finished more Happy Block quilts.  Some are 40 x 50 and there are two that are preemie quilts at 30 x 36". These are quilt #3 -9
Two quilts got finished this morning and two post it notes came off the board!
My Rainbow colour string challenge quilt is number 3 from blocks made year, a different colour each month.  I made half square triangles from the left over blocks and they are now totally gone!
The surrounded 9 patches is also quilted and bound.This has been a UFO for quite a long time.
And two more quilts are quilted with binding attached but will stitch these bindings down by hand in front of the tv... good use of time while watching the television.
My disappearing 9 patch and the red/white churn dashes are waiting
I have my happy blocks made with 5" centers and they are laid out on the design wall so this is next up for stitching. I will work on this along with making the curved blocks as leaders and enders.  I am actually getting a few of these curved blocks made and need to think about getting the sashings attached.  I was determined to stitch those on as I went!  But hasn't happened.
I am going to go back to my list that was the beginning of July and cross off any projects that are now complete and hope that in the three days left this month, I might get to cross off one or two more and take those post it notes off the white board! 
Enjoy the last days of the month, August is approaching quickly.






3 comments:

  1. So many lovely, colourful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you've been busy... I absolutely LOVE the way your Rainbow String quilt turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete