Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year 2020

Welcome to a New Year and hopefully a healthy, happy and productive one! 
We ended 2019 on a bit of negative but also positive note.  All in your attitude, I think!  My husband had Moh's surgery on his ear to get rid of any remaining cancer cells.  Not a great way to spend a day but then again, always good when you get rid of something horrible in your life.
Because of the surgery, we were home in BC for 10 days and I decided to decorate our house (which I had never done in the 9 years that we have lived there).  I started going through some of my containers of decorations and it was overwhelming.  UGH. 



But, I kept it simple.
We had a small tree and put up some outside lights. 

And, I had some time to finish up my table runner that I was struggling with the free motion quilting.  It is done!

Plus, two more of my 52 blocks in 52 weeks are complete, 2 weeks left.  I think I will make a few more so that my quilt top is the size that is useable.
The weather was perfect for the first few days we were home.  Plus, my Christmas cactus was blooming beautifully.

I managed to get my Sunrise quilt hung up on the wall. 

Now, we are back in the Valley of the Sun and time to clean up this house, ready for the new Year.

  I have everything done in all the rooms other than my poor sewing room.  It is a real dumping ground.


I do have blocks on the wall to stitch together but my sewing machine went for some TLC in December and she will be back tomorrow, where she belongs!  Am determined to get this room organized later today in anticipation of sewing tomorrow.
So, this is the first day of 2020 and I am going to keep pushing until that room is clean!  Have a great year. 
One thing I did do while home was to go through some containers and try make a complete list of projects patiently waiting and now I need to do that here.  Am determined to keep stitching up some of these fabrics and projects in items that are useable or decorative!




No comments:

Post a Comment