Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Sunday

A strange Easter to not be sharing a meal with family and friends but, I have a small turkey roasting, the house smells good and will leave a platter of meat with gravy and stuffing on my neighbour's doorstep.  She is leaving us some dessert and we live close enough we can wave to each other through the window or, go out on our upstairs patios and chat.  A bit chilly to sit outside but the sunshine is truly something to appreciate and be thankful for.  The farmers are all out working, tilling the soil and getting ready for spring planting.  Life carries on as we socially isolate from each other.

This week, our modern quilt guild had a show and tell on Facebook and it was fun to see what everyone is working on.
As usual, I am scattered, working on this, moving to that.  Jack of all trades, master of none?  Sometimes it feels that way.

This is another log cabin Quilts of Valour quilt.  And, when done, I organized all my leftover strips!

I have a few buckets made and they are already filled with strips and scraps.
The colour for rainbow scrap challenge this month is bright and light blues.  I have all my variety of blocks made and can cross that off April's list.

Of course, I had to start something new after seeing inspiration on Mary's blog this morning.  The heartstrings group chose strips for their April challenge and I had a half jelly roll of 20 strips so started playing.
Two Easter table toppers got made!  They look nice on end tables and a good way to use up some of the Easter fabric in my stash.


So there you have it.  Things are fairly neat, tidy and organized and am determined to get some tops quilted this week!  But it is sunny and the weeds are also calling my name.
Enjoy your week.  Stay safe at home, away from others and hopefully, be creative and productive!




No comments:

Post a Comment