Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2020

One day at a time - just like everyone else!

Slow and steady seems to be my mantra.  I am spending far too much time on my computer, laptop and cell phone?  I am trying to change that habit but it is a slow going to avoid the temptation.  I have stopped spending as much time on my computer and thus, not as much blogging going on.

As far as sewing goes, I feel like I am spinning my wheels but I do have some progress. I managed to add borders to this quilt to make it a little larger.

And this panel got used along with some log cabin blocks from last year's Quilts of Valour block drive.
I am working on another one but ran out of log cabin blocks so they are cut and ready to stitch. Great way to use panels from our 150th birthday celebrations.
In the picture above, the log cabin blocks are smothered by some mask making - which I am not happy with so will try again and in the very back of the picture, there is a blue bucket that I made.  This month is light and bright blues for the Rainbow scrap challenge so I dug mine out and first thing, made a bucket. 
I have two more buckets ready to sew on the sewing machine: a teal one and a green one, to try and catch up from what I did while in Arizona for the first three colours.
The best news is that I finally loaded a quilt on the B-line and got it quilted and the binding was all made so just need to get it attached and stitched down. That job is next in line!
There was a bit of sidetracking this morning when I realized that this weekend is Easter!  So, dug out my container and pulled out a few things to add a bit of Easter to our decor. 
I did make some of the Quilts of Valour 2020 blocks and have more strips cut to make more when my other jobs are done.
As always, while working on projects, I have created another crazy mess! 
Last but not least, this quilt top got put together and pressed and now I have 3 more tops to add to the pile of quilts waiting to be quilted and bound.
Take care, stay healthy and I know, if you are like me, there are so many projects to work on at home as well as the other icky things like cleaning windows, working on income tax, spring cleaning, weeding, grass cutting... the list goes on! 







No comments:

Post a Comment