Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2020

Waiting but busy, finally!

We are waiting... and waiting.... my husband had x rays on his knee and waiting for results.  Not too sure how COVID affects getting the results of the tests?  And he is waiting for the removal of a rapidly growing skin cancer behind his ear.  He had his first surgery at the end of March and, for a reason, unknown to us, the surgeon decided his actual ear needed to have Moh's surgery first?  In the meantime, this ugly blob is growing and painful and he just wants it gone!  We have a date for the end of the month.  COVID has affected this surgery because the surgeon is doing half the normal surgeries in a day to keep the patients well spaced out and I cannot argue with that.

Weather here has been gorgeous and yard work is getting done.  The view of the farms and their tilling of the soil, getting read for planting and the cutting of silage looks a bit like a patchwork quilt?  The trees are flowering and leaves are ready to appear.
So, what I have accomplished other than weeding?  Three more buckets for fabric scraps got made.  One had to be Christmas because I am busy quilting three different Christmas quilts.  And, I started looking for binding fabric and got a big surprise... so  much Christmas fabric here! Who knew? I thought all my seasonal fabric was in my 'other' house.
These all got sorted.  I found a lovely table cloth piece that needs to be serged with a small hem and it will be perfect.  There are scraps for donation.  And all my colours are now put away, all by colour family and easy to find.  The fat quarters went into a bin with old ufo Xmas kits and projects.  I am organized!  

Two of the Christmas quilts finished that I made during November in Arizona.  I was determined to get my Christmas fabric stash and kits down to a reasonable amount (and smaller container).  The bottom quilt was made from a layer cake of a fabric line called Ugly Sweaters.  Better pictures will follow when I get them hung up but I knew you couldn't wait to see what I have been working on!

And another UFO got quilted.  This was a top sent to me in pieces by my cousin's wife, Joanne.  I put it together and it is quilted and bound and ready for donation. And there is one more that has been quilted sitting on the 'waiting' table ... waiting for binding.
I am working on using my jelly roll for the Heartstrings April challenge and had all the pink blocks made and they were happily on my design wall and the sliding door got opened with a lovely breeze blowing.  I am now making more blocks in the blues and reds and will lay them out again, one for a girl preemie and one for a boy preemie.  And, I hope to get them laid out, stitched, quilted and bound before the end of April. 
And am playing with my Rainbow scrap challenge blocks from 2019... not sure what I want to do but not liking the diagonal rows.
More projects waiting for me.  I have some quilt tops from March to be quilted and bound.  Loads of kits.  No end in sight.  But, at least some progress! 
We have rain coming this week... of course, am sure when the tennis courts get opened, we will have crummy weather but, our tennis group is going to meet for a walk tomorrow morning so we can catch up with each other... using correct social distancing, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment