Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2020

Breaking temperature records for May - how lovely!

Fabulous weather here for the last 5 days and made for perfect gardening time as well as a great Mother's day.  I was fortunate that my husband is feeling so much better having had a cortisone shot in his knee and his Moh's surgery behind his ear is healing, slowly, but surely.  He had a skin graft and I am assuming that it takes much longer for the skin to heal than the usual stitching after having the skin cancer removed.  All is well that ends well!

My list from the beginning of the month:
So... for May 2020
1. Quilt and bind the quilt for Nova Scotia
2. Quilt/bind QOVC #1 panel with log cabins
3. Quilt/bind QOVC # 2 panel with log cabins
4. Quilt/bind layer cake slice from Oct 2019
5. Quilt /bind RSC #1 from 2019 (counts as heartstrings triangles for May)
6. Finish making RSC #2 top 2019
7. Figure out if I can make a RSC #3 from leftover blocks 2019
8. Make some scrub bags for Abbotsford guild donation
9. Quilt and bind Sea Stars
10. Make a preemie with charm squares for ruler class practice
11. Finish cracker blocks for Canada Stitches
12. Income tax 2019
13. Make tinker tote
14. Dark green RSC  blocks for May
15. Block lottery from FVMQG - red/black 9 patches
16. stitch a new purse
17. Make second preemie quilt with leftover charms from #10
18. Make another Nova Scotia with my quilting buddy, I will do the dark heart 


Oh my goodness, not much progress! But, I did take a second ruler class on Saturday and played around with the technique.  I am not very successful but did manage to have fun in each of my squares on this preemie quilt. It has the binding attached but not yet stitched down.
My first Nova Scotia heart quilt is quilted and binding attached but not yet stitched down.  I had intended to do it while watching the movie Downton Abbey on Saturday evening, but the movie was too good for me to be multi tasking!
My quilting buddy and best friend suggested we make a second quilt for Nova Scotia and she would make all the light blocks if made the center heart.  Done! She will deliver the rest of the blocks on Wednesday and I will get it loaded and quilted and bound asap so that I can two quilts into the mail.  I know the Maritime Modern quilting guild wants them by June, so there is a deadline. 
Does anyone else create such a mess when pulling fabrics, cutting strips, making blocks and trimming them?  UGH!

In the meantime, I am close to getting my next quilt loaded onto the quilting frame and hopefully, get it finished quickly.
I also added another project to my original May list: a second preemie since I had some charm squares left. Of course, not enough for a quilt so dug out my kid's fabrics and cut some 5" squares to go with what I had on hand.
There are cracker blocks on the wall for a quilt of Valour and a pile of blocks made but waiting to be trimmed on the table.  They finish at 7.75" - crazy size.
I did finish stitching the rows of my RSC 2019 quilt #2 together but didn't get any further on quilt #3.  This poor top is waiting for pressing.
Yard work got done and I have a glorious poppy that is flowering and lots more buds meaning loads more colour in the next few days and weeks!
So, another week in the life of Rosyquilter.  Busy days in strange times.  Crossing my fingers and toes that the tennis courts open and our senior's club can resume our normal summer activity soon.  We didn't have many April showers to bring May flowers so watering seems to be on the schedule as well though rain in the forecast, sadly, for the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment