Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Cut, piece, quilt, bind, and clean up!

A couple of finishes this week! I have two Quilts of Valour projects made last fall with blocks contributed by various guild members and quilters who wanted to participate in the log cabin block drive held by CQA.  I had some panels left from the Canada 150 year and included them with the blocks.

 This quilt will be sent to Nova Scotia as a contribution to the Maritime Modern guild quilt drive to help comfort those who lost loved ones in the horrific and brutal murders and house fires.  These blocks were made by myself and Marjorie and it is now quilted and bound.  A second one is in the works that is being made with my good quilting buddy.




And I thought I would show you how I deal with my fabric and batting scraps:
I make a fabric pillowcase and then I line a laundry basket with the pillowcase.  All my fabric and batting scraps go in there! When the pillowcase is full, I pull it out and stitch the end closed and hand it over to someone who collects pillows for the homeless.  An easy way to deal with scraps and they don't go in the garbage or landfill. 



 

I have my second preemie quilt spray basted and ready to machine quilt. The first one was a sample to use for playing with quilting with rulers.  I had some leftover charm squares and then cut more from my kids' fabrics and ended up with a fun quilt. 

The cracker blocks are put together into a top. This block uses 2 matching charm squares and once I had used up to charm packs, the quilt wasn't large enough so I went digging into my fabrics and came up with enough to cut more charms and make more blocks. 
I just finished loading and quilting my first Rainbow scrap challenge so am ending or beginning the week on a positive note. 
My list from the beginning of the month looks like this:

So... for May 2020
1. Quilt and bind the quilt for Nova Scotia
2. Quilt/bind QOVC #1 panel with log cabins
3. Quilt/bind QOVC # 2 panel with log cabins
4. Quilt/bind layer cake slice from Oct 2019
5. Quilt /bind RSC #1 from 2019 (counts as heartstrings triangles for May)
6. Finish making RSC #2 top 2019
7. Figure out if I can make a RSC #3 from leftover blocks 2019
8. Make some scrub bags for Abbotsford guild donation
9. Quilt and bind Sea Stars
10. Make a preemie with charm squares for ruler class practice
11. Finish cracker blocks
12. Income tax 2019
13. Make tinker tote
14. Dark green RSC  blocks for May
15. Block lottery from FVMQG - red/black 9 patches
16. stitch a new purse
17. Make second preemie quilt with leftover charms from #10  Quilt and bind
18. Make another Nova Scotia with my quilting buddy, I will do the dark heart  
19. Quilt and bind Nova Scotia #2 


So, not too bad with getting some projects completed.  A few of these are UFO's so it feels good to get them completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment