Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2020

I am going to revert to listing some projects to keep me on track. I had a great April and accomplished lots but it is nice to see them crossed off a list when they are finished.
So... for May 2020
1. Quilt and bind the quilt for Nova Scotia
2. Quilt/bind QOVC #1 panel with log cabins
3. Quilt/bind QOVC # 2 panel with log cabins
4. Quilt/bind layer cake slice from Oct 2019
5. Quilt /bind RSC #1 from 2019 (counts as heartstrings triangles for May)
6. Finish making RSC #2 top 2019
7. Figure out if I can make a RSC #3 from leftover blocks 2019
8. Make some scrub bags for Abbotsford guild donation
9. Quilt and bind Sea Stars
10. Make a preemie with charm squares for ruler class practice
11. Finish cracker blocks for Canada Stitches
12. Income tax 2019
13. Make tinker tote
14. Dark green RSC  blocks for May
15. Block lottery from FVMQG - red/black 9 patches
16. stitch a new purse

So, income tax isn't a quilting project but I would really like to get it done so it is on the list.  I could also add wash windows inside and out... ugh.

I finished up my two preemie quilts which I made for the April heartstring challenge to use jelly rolls.
This is what I have to play with for a charming preemie top that I will use for practice in the ruler class I am taking.
My heartstrings #2 needs stitching the horizontal rows and it will be ready for a hanger for quilting in June.
And I quilted a donation top for community quilts for FVMQG. I didn't make the quilt top, it came in a bag with backing, batting and binding.  Done and ready to be returned.
I cut battings and backings for my tops made in April and am actually quite current.  I have so many winter projects in boxes that are at the post office in Lynden WA and I have no way to get them with the border being closed... so frustrating.  But, if I stay on top of what I have here, I will be ready to go when I finally get them.
The quilt for Nova Scotia is ready to load and quilt on the quilting frame.
I have cracker blocks for Canada Stitches started and organized to stitch as leaders and enders while working on other projects.
The weather is predicted to turn nice this week and who knows, maybe tennis courts will get opened?  If so, my quilting time will be reduced because tennis is my first love, quilting comes second.
We have another trip to the Moh's clinic to have my husband's bandages and stitches removed after last weeks surgery.  And he is trying knee injections of synthetic synuvial fluid in his knee (which is totally wrecked and looks like a knee replacement is his only option) so a few trips here and there while still self isolating.The good/bad thing about his ear is that I don't have to change the dressings!  Yippee... I am not a nurse, don't like doing nursing type activities but it does mean another trip... totally worth the drive and parking fees for them to clean this up after the bandages are removed. 

 Since this picture was taken, some lovely soil has been added and I am planting dahlias in this new garden space.

So, off to work I go.. hi ho, hi ho!  A quilt to load and get finished, some cracker blocks to make and that second RSC quilt to finish joining blocks.  Am I bored? ever? NO!!  More jobs than time.  Enjoy your first week of May and hopefully, you will see some of your favourite activities opened up so you can get away from your fridge!



No comments:

Post a Comment