Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2020

Final week of May 2020

I had a bit of a crazy week.  There was some good news and some great news however.  The good news is that our tennis courts are open and Amica on the Gorge, where my father lived, has sent us information about the process of removing all his worldly goods from his suite.  He died in March and his suite has been untouched other than an employee going in and retrieving the lock box for us that contained his will. 
The great news is that my husband's ct scan on his ear and neck came back negative meaning that the Moh's surgery did indeed get all of the cancer and no need for radiation.
WHEW!
I had a good week with finishing some projects on my list.
First, the Quilt of Valour made from a panel and log cabin blocks is done.These blocks were donated by guild members and I had the panel in my stash.  This was started at retreat last fall and is now quilted and bound.
The second quilt for Nova Scotia with blocks made by me and my good quilting friend is now quilted, bound, boxed and in the hands of Canada Post.
My first Rainbow scrap challenge quilt is quilted and bound and ready for donation.  I have two more on the go.
The second one is waiting for quilting and the third one is a bit smaller so am wondering about adding a border?
I have my last quilt for May that I want to get quilted all ready to go on the B-line.  Unfortunately, a cardiologist appointment and grocery shopping got in my way today!

I quilted the second of the preemie charm quilts and it is now ready for donation.
Sea Stars got quilted and bound as well.  I laughed when I stitched on the binding... my bobbin ran out with only a couple of inches left.  Oh well... annoying but easily solved. 


My current project is playing with blocks I won at the modern guild last fall.  I want to use them with this RCMP panel and create a quilt that would be good for a celebration or an RCMP officer or family in need of hugs. There are 6", 9" and 12" blocks to work with. 
Raining today so no tennis but the rest of the week looks good.  And, my Wednesday quilting group has been meeting in a parking lot behind an arena where we have loads of room to spread out and be extremely well distanced and the weather this week looks far better than what we have dealt with up till now.  Fun to see everyone, have a show and tell and a book exchange. 

My progress so far: 
So... for May 2020
1. Quilt and bind the quilt for Nova Scotia
2. Quilt/bind QOVC #1 panel with log cabins
3. Quilt/bind QOVC # 2 panel with log cabins
4. Quilt/bind layer cake slice from Oct 2019
5. Quilt /bind RSC #1 from 2019 (counts as heartstrings triangles for May)
6. Finish making RSC #2 top 2019
7. Figure out if I can make a RSC #3 from leftover blocks 2019
8. Make some scrub bags for Abbotsford guild donation
9. Quilt and bind Sea Stars
10. Make a preemie with charm squares for ruler class practice #1 and #2
11. Finish cracker blocks
12. Income tax 2019
13. Make tinker tote
14. Dark green RSC  blocks for May
15. Block lottery from FVMQG - red/black 9 patches
16. stitch a new purse
17. Make second preemie quilt with leftover charms from #10  Quilt and bind
18. Make another Nova Scotia with my quilting buddy, I will do the dark heart  
19. Quilt and bind Nova Scotia #2 



No comments:

Post a Comment