Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Disorganized and distracted

I am really feeling disorganized.  Lots of piecing happening and lots of fabric organizing but a pile of printed papers including more pattern ideas sitting here and I had fabric everywhere after stitching blocks and tops for the last week.
Finally, I stopped and tidied up. 
There is a stack of quilt tops with batting and backing waiting for me to load the B-line home quilting system and get busy.

I have far too many batiks, scraps and strips in country colours as well other themes of fabrics.  For some reason, it felt overwhelming and even though I have been stitching like crazy, my containers stay full. 

My July is looking like this:
1. Quilt and bind Saratoga batik quilt
2. Quilt and bind Town Square #1
3. Piece, quilt and bind Town Square #2
4. Quilt and Bind Stepping Stones #1
5. Piece, quilt and bind Stepping Stones #2
6. Finish RSC blocks for May, June and July
7. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #1
8. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #2
9. Bind a quilt for my quilting buddy
10.  Trim and figure out how to make a quilt from leftover 16 patch bits
11. Finish Jelly roll ripples.. UFO This is now a strip block quilt top
12. Quilt for my granddaughter
13. Batik 2.5" strips kit #2: needs piecing quilting, binding
14. Batik strips #2: quilt top made - needs quilting, binding
15. Batik strips #3: quilt top made - needs quilting, binding
16. Red and white quilt top made - needs quilting and binding
17. Floral blocks made, need to be put together into a top, quilted and bound
18. Funky house block made for a block swap that I am NOT swapping .. just one block swapped

So, I added more projects to my list and have nothing quilted or bound.
I stitched up these blocks and have the top done.  My container of reds is still full. 
 I pulled out my hanger of strip pieced 16 patch blocks surrounded by a border.  Not enough for a quilt so I dug out containers of fabrics that are a little more dull and country type colours.
And I started stitching.
 I made more blocks and got them put together into a top.
But now, still have leftovers because I didn't count as I working and have more on a hanger for next time.
I had a stack of 10"floral fabrics and played around with a couple of ideas.  This wasn't bad but not overly thrilled with the block.
 So, I figured out another idea and grabbed more of my country colour fabrics and made these blocks.  I think I have enough to lay out a quilt top on the design wall.  A few florals and solids gone... but, the containers are still full. 

This is number 3 quilt top made from batik strips.  Now folded and hanging in the line up for quilting and binding. 
I sewed a lot.. I have a lot of tops made... I need to get busy quilting!
So much fabric, so little time.  But, one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment