Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2020

Feeling a little better about July

Rainy weather.  UGH.  Another year older.  UGH.
But, I have tidied, organized and done some stitching so am feeling more organized and have a plan for the next week.  And enough dry days to play some tennis.  I need to appreciate the good times and ignore the crummy stuff.


1. Quilt and bind Saratoga batik quilt
2. Quilt and bind Town Square #1
3. Piece, quilt and bind Town Square #2
4. Quilt and Bind Stepping Stones #1
5. Piece, quilt and bind Stepping Stones #2
6. Finish RSC blocks for May, June and July
7. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #1
8. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #2
9. Bind a quilt for my quilting buddy
10.  Trim and figure out how to make a quilt from leftover 16 patch bits
11. Finish Jelly roll ripples.. UFO
12. Quilt for my granddaughter
13. Batik 2.5" strips kit

It doesn't look I like accomplished very much but, I have gone through my container of floral fabrics and organized it.  I have tidied all of my scraps and organized.  I made a few new buckets for scraps.

All of my blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge for May, June and July are done!  That was a huge job and I won't let them pile up again.







I cut kits and made up two more of the 3 yard quilts.  I used up some of my old floral fabrics.  But the bin didn't seem any less full?

The RCMP block lottery quilt finally got the binding done.
And my Rainbow scrap challenge 2019 quilt #3 is finished.  It is a little smaller but will still be good for donation.
My newest project is being made from batik strips.  I found the kit of fabrics but no pattern?  I have no idea where I bought this, when I acquired it or what it was supposed to make.  The other day I saw a pattern, figured it out and am making these blocks with the strips.
But, now, with quilt tops finished and waiting, it is time to start quilting a few of these and get them finished.  I keep sewing but I don't see any less projects or fabrics here?

The weather is still crazy... rain then a sunny, lovely day.  I took a chance and moved my long sleeve t-shirts out of my closet and put my short sleeve and sleeveless shirts in there?   Maybe a mistake but warmer weather has to be on the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment