Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2020

Mid July and our summer weather might be coming?

Our weather has been pretty dreary up until now with days of lovely weather happening once in a while to give us a teaser of what it should be like ..... this is summer!
I took a chance and put away my long sleeve tops and brought out short sleeve and sleeveless but still wearing hoodies most of the time for warmth.  There have been some capri days and much more enjoyable than jeans days!
So, what have I been up to... well my list has a few finishes:
1. Quilt and bind Saratoga batik quilt
2. Quilt and bind Town Square #1
3. Piece, quilt and bind Town Square #2
4. Quilt and Bind Stepping Stones #1
5. Piece, quilt and bind Stepping Stones #2
6. Finish RSC blocks for May, June and July
7. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #1
8. Quilt and Bind 16 patch #2
9. Bind a quilt for my quilting buddy
10.  Trim and figure out how to make a quilt from leftover 16 patch bits
11. Finish Jelly roll ripples.. UFO
12. Quilt for my granddaughter
13. Batik 2.5" strips kit: needs quilting, binding
14. Batik strips #2: blocks are made
15. Batik strips #3: working on strip sets
And, I have added a few more projects.  I was sorting my batiks and, as you can guess, I have far too many and they were scattered in various containers.  That prompted me to start stitching more strip sets and another top was born... and then there were leftover strips so top number three is in progress as well. 


This was started after finding a kit with batiks in it but no pattern.  I decided to go with this simple block and cut up some background for it. 
I made a wonky house block for a swap with another guild member.  And the one she made me arrived in the mail.
And, time out for another visit to the skin care center for more Moh's surgery for skin cancer on my husband's neck with a biopsy done on his face and a repair to his ear from an earlier surgery where there was a hole.
I cut batting and made backings for the next four quilts that need to be finished.
And three quilts finished:
Saratoga, the kit from Keepsake quilting of unknown age.
And two St. Louis 16 patches made from strips cut a couple of years ago (the purple one) and then a bunch of older green and yellow fat quarters for the other one.

A fairly productive week.  Some projects finished and new ones started while the UFO's still sit patiently waiting.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been productive! I love those 16 patch quilts, must add that to my quilty bucket list.

    We were supposed to be on a 5 week trek this summer out your way to BC and then down to the Grand Canyon. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make it happen .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many summer plans changed and cancelled... not fun but might aw well accept and move on with other ideas and plan for the future. The 16 patch is a great way to use those fat quarters that are just sitting there and you aren't sure what to do with them. They make a large finished block so you can make a quilt top fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete