Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A week into August... almost, and what I have accomplished?

Here we are on the 6th day of August and how much have I accomplished?  A few days of sewing and some days of watching tennis - tournaments in Washington and now Roger's cup in Montreal and Toronto.
I looked at my list for August and then I chuckled because I am working on two projects that aren't on my list.. typical. I am ignoring my list because I am not excited about the UFO's that are on it.

First though, I have been working on the stack of blocks of strips from the rainbow scrap challenge last year and have two tops made BUT lots of blocks left.  It takes 56 blocks in one quilt with 7 rows and 8 columns but the pile doesn't appear to go down much? 





I have decided to participate in the mystery quilt by Meadow Mist designs: Mosaic Mystery and have cut my fabrics, ready for clue #1.
Then, silly me, saw a tutorial on Missouri Star and it was using charm squares so I looked in my container and I have lots to choose from.  I happened to need two charm packs and I found these so have started cutting and stitching as a beginner and ender project while sewing my rail fences together.

And, because two projects on the go isn't enough, I decided to cut my stack of fat quarters that I won at guild 18 months ago and start making blocks.
And now the blocks are finished and they are waiting to be stitched together.  I did rearrange them a few times until I was happy with the layout.  These have to be sewn so I can get back to the rail fence blocks.  This is a good pattern and makes a 15" square so they assemble quickly. 
And one finish which is actually from July but the binding needed to be stitched down.  It is made from churn dashes that I started last winter in Arizona after a call from Canada Stitches for the blocks but I didn't return to Canada early enough to get them mailed in time for their deadline.  In the meantime, some of my quilting friends made a few blocks and rather than have them sitting around, I made more, enough for a quilt.  I think I will hang onto this one because there are times when I get a call for a quilt for a first responder who isn't military and doesn't qualify for a Quilt of Valour.

Back to my mess and get my design wall empty so more rail fences can be worked on.  Thankfully, my basement is cool with the a/c running since we seem to be in a bit of a heat wave until the weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment