Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Last week of August and am on target for my finishes.

I am on track for this month and it feels good. My list for August looks like this:
So, onto August goals:
1. Polka dot blocks
2. Solstice (will I ever get around to this?)
3. RSC rails (yes, on the design wall)
4. Welcome Autumn (this has been kicking around for far too long)
5. Ohio Star blocks (not very excited about this)
6. Replace Joanne's US flag block
7. Cut up kid's fabrics for Yellow Brick Road quilts
8. Make up the zip pouches that I have kits for
9. Kit for cutting mat carrier bag
10. Catch up on CQA 52 blocks
11. Catch up on Sparrow blocks
12. Make RSC blocks for Aug 19
13. Woodland kid's quilt
14. Quilter's planner blocks
15. In from the cold block
16. Make more of Marge's blocks
17. Organize for Sept workshop for log cabin QOVC
18. Make more hourglass blocks
19 Stitch some blocks for Canada Stitches
20 Teal block swap
21 Missouri star Diamond chain
22 Abby quilt guild fat quarter winnings
23 Harper 
Two projects got finished yesterday...  I actually finished my autumn Patchabilities triplet that I started in 2017.  All they needed was to have the applique stitched down and the bindings added.  DONE!  Finally!! But, I took the picture sideways?  Sorry, you have to turn your head. 
 I also made a project that wasn't a UFO but it has been hanging around since January and I kept debating with myself as to whether or not I really wanted to make it. It is a mat carrier and was a kit on Connecting threads that was on sale.  The center fabric is a panel by Cheryl Arkison.  I did not make it exactly as the instructions but it is done.  It actually has a zipper opening across the top which is probably a good thing to keep things from falling out?
 "Harper" is completed, waiting for quilting
Plus, even better, my Sparrow 50 blocks in 50 weeks is stitched together.  I stopped at 30 blocks as this is good size and I was losing interest in making the blocks.  Another one ready for quilting.
So, I have a few quilt tops at the hanging stage... waiting on hangers to be quilted.  September projects!
I managed to get my Wednesday Diva group birthday gifts organized and fabrics cut.  All ready for the rest of the year!
And a few finished quilts as well... was a busy week! Three of my rainbow rail fence quilts are finished... only 3 left to do!


 And this is my fat quarter quilt which is actually one of my favourites to make with very little waste of fabric when cutting.  This was a stack of fat quarters that I won at guild awhile back... am thinking maybe spring 2018?  But could have been fall 2017?  Anyway, they have been hanging around and I couldn't decide on a pattern to use.  Decision made!

I have pulled fabrics and need to make a decision on my teal mini swap mug rug.  Obviously far too many choices here.  This is a swap to support research for Ovarian cancer and I am teamed up with a partner from Labrador-Newfoundland.  The fabric on the cutting mat is the one that was sent to me (and everyone else) that needs to be visible on the front of the mug rug.  My partner asked for brights so I will figure out a design and then choose appropriate fabrics.  Some of the works are quite stunning that participants make.  If you google "teal mini swap' on Facebook, you might be able to see some?

So, a full week left in the month and I am determined to finish quilting my last quilt on my August list, cut batting and backings for my September quilting projects (and get them off those hangers) and see what other projects call my name.  Month end so I know my desk is whispering, come and sit here and tidy me up.




1 comment: