Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

Rainy week is here.

We have rain... and that means I should be getting my desk tidied, jobs that I have put off this summer done.  No excuses about it being too hot!
But, instead, I saw a video earlier last week and decided to pull out a jelly roll and play.  These are the blocks.  Not so sure I like the one extra from each set of strips but will keep working.  One jelly roll will make 9 - 20" blocks so a nice size finished quilt.

I did manage to get a few things crossed off my list from last week but, added in two more as well!

My Rainbow scrap challenge blocks are done.  This month is purple.
I narrowed down my fabric choices for my Teal mini swap (to support ovarian cancer research) and am ready to go full steam ahead.
I am participating in a mystery and the clues are released the first week of the month.  I have clue one finished.
And the last of my rail fence quilts is quilted and bound.  I ended up with 6 of them!
I also have a finished hug blocks quilt... quilted by Kelly for Victoria quilts (cancer patients) and it heading back to her now that the binding is complete.
And, Harper (from the Cloth shop) is bound and finished.
I did cut my fat quarters for Yellow brick road quilts for kids... forgot to take a picture but, all the blocks are made and just need to be laid out.  I think I will have enough for 3 or 4 quilts.  Pictures to come.
I am going to be presenting a workshop on Tuesday for my guild and we will be making the "Light in the window" log cabin blocks for Quilts of Valour so am dragging out all my supplies and need to fill my vehicle today.  My husband will be rolling his eyes at me!
Quilts of Valour has released a new booklet of hug blocks and I am going to cut a few kits which include a new block and the Northcott Oh Canada fabric to make it.  I need these done by tonight so I can take them tomorrow for the guild members in case they are interested. This has been on my list all summer but more fun and stressful to wait until the night before! 
Off for my second round of knee injections this morning.  And am determined to end today feeling organized!  Crossing my fingers that it happens.
Enjoy your week. 






No comments:

Post a Comment