Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

September and a mixture of summer and autumn weather.

Today is September 1st and it makes me happy that I don't have to return to work on Tuesday... even though it has been 17 years, I still celebrate my retirement.

A new month and my list of quilting goals still has some carry overs from July and August but I am determined to not get side tracked by new projects and ideas!

1. Polka dot blocks -  ready to quilt
2. Solstice (will I ever get around to this?)
3. RCS blocks for Sept 19
4. Ohio Star blocks (not very excited about this)
5. Replace Joanne's US flag block
6. Cut up kid's fabrics for Yellow Brick Road quilts (heartstrings fq challenge)
7. Make up the zip pouches that I have kits for
8. Woodland kid's quilt - Mary's strippie pattern?
9. Quilter's planner blocks
10. In from the cold block
11. Make more of Marge's blocks
12. Make more hourglass blocks
13. Stitch some blocks for Canada Stitches
14.Teal block swap
15. Quilt rail fence #5
16. Quilt rail fence #6
17. Quilt Missouri Star Diamond Chain
18. Quilt Sparrow blocks quilt
19.Diamond Chain
20. Strippie kid's quilt 
21 Baby block preemie 1 & 2 
 


I am loving my post it notes on my white board and it is really working for me. I can move the post it notes from being an idea to a project for the month and then to needs quilting and binding.  And when finished, it comes off!  And a great way to inspire me when I am figuring out what to work on next.

My last rail fence quilt from August got finished last week.  This is #4

Another rail fence block quilt is finished.  It is on the list for this month and I finished the binding last night so am ahead of myself.

I also got some blocks made for Canada Stitches (quilts for first responders at Can Praxis, horsecamp for PTSD).
My last rail fence block quilt is ready to load on the machine for quilting.
I had a quilt that I made earlier this year, using up the last of my Happy blocks, given to me to bind.  I donated the quilt to Victoria Quilts and my friend Kelly did a fabulous job quilting it.  Victoria quilts cover patients under going chemo therapy or cancer treatments with a quilt but it must have flannel on the back.  Kelly has the flannel and she played with various quilting designs in each of the blocks.
It will get bound this week... I have it stitched on one side, now to sit and hand stitch while I watch the US Open tennis this coming week.
I also got my strips made for my purple RCS blocks for September.  Now to get them stitched with the white squares and create hst's and add to my stash of blocks from the previous months.
I have my quilt tops ready to quilt and they have the backings and battings cut to size.
My teal swap, mug rug, is still waiting but I added more teal prints to the basket. Unfortunately, my swap partner is in hospital after having a major health issue so am waiting until she is back home to get going on my project.  She asked for brights so will narrow my choices down.
And a stack of fat quarters from forever ago!  I have had these for a very long time.  One of my groups that I belong to (Heartstrings) chose fat quarters as their precut of the month so I pulled out the stack and might try some of the pattern ideas that they are sharing.
Otherwise, it will still be tennis daily since the weather is still dry and tennis on tv with the US Open all this week.  And I should be dealing with some of the large zucchinis that my husband didn't see until they were huge.
My grandson has moved back home now that his parents have returned from their summer cabin so I have cleaned his bedroom thoroughly and all the bedding is washed and bathroom is clean.  The feather duvet that he uses has developed a lot of pinholes and the feathers were poking out and so lots of vacuuming to get those floating bits under control and I have tried to stitch up the holes but have also decided he can switch to a poly duvet next time he is here.  He isn't a quiet, calm sleeper and bunches the duvet which am sure helps to push the feathers through the fabric.

Hello September, good bye August.  Time moves on but I had a great August and accomplished a lot of projects, played a lot of tennis and got to enjoy having my 18yr old guy in my daily life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment