Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Too wet, too much rainy weather and am complaining

I was happy to see some rain  but not pleased that we have had a week of continuous rain.  The problem for me is that I balance my time sitting at my sewing machine and being inactive with my time on the tennis court.  I don't get many steps in a day when I am piecing and quilting.
And more rain predicted for the next couple of days.
The good news is that I cut our front grass yesterday because we actually had a few dry hours and it looks lovely and is turning a gradual shade of green... if you can picture that!
Last week I managed to get three of the six new blocks made for Quilts of Valour from the patterns released for 2019.
There were six blocks so I will get the next 3 blocks made before the October guild meeting.
And, I made some blocks for Canada Stitches (first responders) and collected a massive number from our guild on Tuesday.  They are now on their way to Alberta to be included for quilts given out at Can Praxis, Rocky Mountain House (horse camps for PTSD).
Our guild held a workshop/retreat day for making blocks and quilt tops for Quilts of Valour using the Light in the Window block / Log cabin.  I had a stack of blocks that were made previously and managed to get one quilt top put together and another guild member handed in a quilt top she had already made. You will notice that there is one block in the quilt top that wasn't made correctly but, I had already stitched it into the top and decided it would be the "Amish" block.  That means that no one is perfect and we need to accept our faults.  

I have finished the binding on my Missouri Star diamond chain, made from two charm packs (plus a few extra squares).
And my last rail fence block quilt is finished.
I have quilted my 2 preemie quilts made from a free pattern called baby blocks and just waiting to get the binding made and added to them.

Plus, I played with a strippie idea and it is quilted and also waiting for binding.
I have been piling up "stuff" (projects) to take to a quilting retreat that I am heading to this week for a few days.  It is better to have too much 'stuff' and too many ideas than run out of things to do.
I did finish my teal mug rug for the Ovarian cancer swap but need to wait until I get a few things organized to add to the parcel and get it mailed to the recipient. So, no pictures!
I didn't start anything new this week!  Wow... amazing!






1 comment: